Do you work from home full time or occasionally? If yes, here are several decorating tips that you can use to increase productivity and office space use:
1. Float your shelves – floating shelves helps you declutter your office and use all the available space well. You can add decorative elements to make the office welcoming while sticking to light colors to maintain the theme.
2. Buy a desk pad – if you don’t have a desk pad, you should have one because it helps you define the working area in your desk (you cannot declutter it). You should buy a large desk pad to get enough room to move your arms freely and complete your tasks with ease.
3. Buy a laptop – in this era, you should have a desktop or a laptop in your home office. A laptop is easy to move around with, work with and use thus it is a good choice especially if you stay within your budget.
4. Provide refreshments – if you love refreshments, you should have them with you in your office to save time and energy because you will not have to move around. You can have a beverage cut, coffee maker and a mini-fridge with refreshments near your desk or in your home office.
5. Incorporate pattern & color – certain color and patterns keep you stimulated and active. Therefore, try to incorporate colors or patterns that will have a positive effect on how you feel. For instance, have energetic colors at the sides and subtle/subdued colors on or near your working desk to avoid distractions.
6. Hang artwork – do you love art? You should consider hanging art 6 – 9 inches above your desk for easy viewing while sitting down. Alternatively, you can lean an art piece on your desk or near the wall for a better view.
7. Have a board – you need to have a board where you pin reminders, to-do lists, samples, and bills. You should also pin inspirational messages and positive photos to have a different perspective every time you look at it. Also, although you can have a digital vision board on your phone or computer, you can have a different board that has your visions and goals you wish to attain in life.
8. Buy office supplies – you should have everything you need within reach to save time. Make sure your office is well stocked with all the office supplies you need including pens, mark pens, ink, charts, notebooks, pencils, etc.
9. Invest in practical lamps – the type of lighting you use can determine your productivity. Bad light can affect your moods, eyes and even your health. Therefore, investing in practical lightings like background illumination or a decorative table lamp is a good idea. If you are looking to save space, replacing a desk lamp with a wall-mounted or floor lamp a great idea.
Finally, even though these are great ideas to revamp your home office, you will have to research a little more to make the right choice because there are numerous products to choose from in the market.